Friday, August 21, 2009

Wedding Bliss








Weddings were what got me into the photography business. I mean...I have always had a camera in my hand since an extreme young age - but that is another story...


Whenever I am invited to a wedding as a guest I take quite a few photos the same way I would as if I was working for the bride and groom. Then I give all the photos I took to the couple in an album as their wedding gift.


That was how I got refered my first paying photography gig. A good friend of mine liked the photos I took so much more than the photos the photographer they had hired. When her brother was about to get married, she refered him and his fiance' to me.


That was long ago when digital was super new to the photography world. I still used 35 millimeter film back then. That wedding was 9 rolls of 36 frames.


The digital age of photography is a nice change. I didn't want to switch from film. It took me a while to make the switch. Digital does save time. There are no wasted minutes switching out film during potential crucial moments during a wedding. Leaving more time and oppurtunity to be spent editing film and utilzing special effects to bring some of the photos to their ultimate best quality. I now take an average of 800 photos during a wedding.


I will be photographing a wedding this weekend. It is going to be a small intimate wedding. I am always excited to be a part of such a special day in two peoples lives.


Here is a couple shots from the last wedding I photographed. The wedding was in Las Vegas at a chapel. Chapels in Las Vegas will not let you photograph inside unless you pay crazy money. My job was to photograph after the wedding and at the reception dinner.
Gordon Wedding
July 2009
A Special Memory Wedding Chapel
Las Vegas, Nevada

No comments:

Post a Comment